November 11, 2020
10 Essential Health Insurance Benefits
When choosing a health insurance plan, your primary goal should be to find a policy covering your medical needs. While no insurance plan is going to hit the mark 100 percent of the time, it is possible to get the coverage that, at the very least, covers the basics. So, what are the basics? What type of plan should you look for that covers essential health insurance benefits?
Nearly every health insurance company in your state offers baseline coverage for things like ambulatory services, emergency care, hospitalization, prescriptions, lab work, or pediatric services. Beyond that, you may need to assess your personal needs and add or take away your coverage as needed. If you are unsure where to begin, feel free to contact an insurance broker at Insurance Enterprise. We are here to help you get the right coverage that you can afford.
What Are Essential Health Insurance Benefits
Standard health insurance benefits are typically broken down into categories, further broken down into detailed coverage for specific medical services. The ten essential health benefit categories include
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (surgery, overnight stays)
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care (before and after birth)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (counseling, psychotherapy)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices for injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care (for children only)
Which Health Insurance Plan is Best for Me?
You may be wondering which health insurance company is the best? When choosing a plan, you first need to assess your personal healthcare needs, look at all your options, and choose a health insurance plan that fits in your budget. How do you determine which health insurance is best? Ask yourself these questions:
- How often do you visit your doctor?
- What type of treatment do you need in the next 12 months?
- What prescription drugs do you currently take?
- Which healthcare providers/physicians do you prefer?
Once you decide your healthcare needs, you can narrow your search to health insurance companies in your state. Some of the health insurance providers that we work with include:
We Offer Affordable Health Insurance in These States:
Contact Insurance Enterprise for Premier Health Insurance
If you have questions about group or individual health insurance and need health insurance quotes, contact Insurance Enterprise at 888-350-6605. Speak to a licensed agent and find out more about how you can get an affordable health insurance plan.